Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

This week's menu and why I plan my menus in advance

I'm a frugal kind of girl (you can read about those adventures here at my other blog). I shop for deals, buy it cheap and stockpile when I can.  I try to save my family money every chance I get. One of the ways I do that is to make a menu for our meals. It helps keep me on track, keep a budget, eat healthier and keeps us from eating out as often.


I know you're already telling yourself it's too time consuming, you don't always feel like eating the meal you wrote down on that night, etc., etc. Trust me I know! But give it a try, I think you'll like the results! 


Each week I'll be posting my family's menu for the coming week with recipes and (hopefully) pictures! As a family we are all light breakfast eaters, I'm home with my two girls and my nephew at lunch (I homeschool my 7 yr old, 3 1/2 year old nephew and we Tot School with my 17 month old) and then I cook for my family of 4, plus my Mother, Sister and nephew every night.  So 95% of these meals are kid friendly. I hope you enjoy.


Monday
Breakfast- Toast with choice of topping (butter, jelly, Nutella, cheese) and juice
Lunch- Grilled cheese 
Dinner- Chicken Spaghetti with garlic bread


Tuesday

Breakfast- Cereal
Lunch- Chicken Nuggets 


Wednesday
Breakfast- Yogurt & Fruit
Lunch- leftovers
Dinner- Chicken & Sausage Gumbo


Thursday
Breakfast- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
Lunch- Chicken Salad
Dinner- Pizza Puffs


Friday
Lunch- Mac & Cheese
Dinner- Crockpot Meatloaf


Saturday
Lunch- Poboys
Dinner- Shipwreck Casserole


Sunday
Breakfast- Kids will eat a bowl of cereal or toast, Hubby and I have a muffin and coffee at church.
Lunch- at Mom's (We eat a very large lunch at my Mom's house every Sunday with the ENTIRE family!)
Dinner- Usually don't cook Sunday nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment