Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bulgogi and stir fry noodles with veggies

I love to try new recipes (with in reason of course) with a picky eater hubby and small kids I don't get too wild and crazy. This is one of those recipes and it's a keeper! I came across this recipe on Allrecipes.com while looking for another option for some stir fry beef meat that I bought last week. It looked so delicious I had to try it!


I did both chicken and beef (I preferred the chicken!) but both tasted very good.  Enough talking!~ Here's how to make it:






1 or more lbs. of steak or chicken breast thinly sliced.


Marinade
5T. soy sauce
2 1/2 T. white sugar
1/4 c. onion, finely minced (I left this out by accident)
2 T. garlic
2 T. sesame seeds
2 T. oil
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. ground ginger


One recipe of marinade per lb. of meat. Mix all together and let marinade for at least 1 hour.






Fire up your grill OR heat up a cast iron skillet and cook your meat hot and fast! If it gets a little black that's ok. The sugar in the marinade causes it to darken quickly. Just make sure it's done.

As a side I served stir fried noodles with veggies. I didn't do as good of a job taking pictures of this because I was trying to make sure my bulgogi didn't burn!





3 c. spaghetti noodles, cooked and cold
1/2 recipe of bulgogi marinade (separate from meat marinade)
1 pkg. frozen stir fry mix
2 T. oil


Heat oil in large pot. Stir fry veggies until almost tender. Add noodles and sauce.






Serve the bulgogi meat over rice on top of a lettuce leaf. Yes I know it sounds weird but it's delicious and a healthy addition to the meal. My 7 year old passed on the lettuce but ate everything else with a smile on her face!






No comments:

Post a Comment