Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Homemade Cinnamon Roll that wasn't....

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls 
Here are the easiest, best homemade cinnamon rolls ever!


I thought I would be bringing you the easiest most wonderful mostly homemade cinnamon roll recipe this morning, but it was a total flop! Of course, we're still eating them, but I didn't like the recipe enough to share. I made up this recipe after buying a HUGE bag of day old bread from the local Discount Bread store. When I say HUGE I mean I had somewhere close to 50 bags of bread for $4!! Now that's frugal!!!! Anyway, I had to come up with some way to use up all that bread. I gave away a lot to my grandparents, my Mom and neighbors. I still had 15 loaves in the freezer and 4 on the counter. I made freezer grilled cheese sandwiches, homemade croutons and Waffle Iron French Toast! Enjoy!


That's my 7 yr. old Molly giving the thumbs up of approval. She's often my guinea pig for recipes.

Waffle Iron French Toast

1 egg
1 cup milk
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. brown sugar
8 slices of bread, your choice

Whisk all this together. Dip bread on both sides. Spray waffle iron with non-stick spray. Place as many slices as your waffle maker will hold; cook about 3-5 minutes. Top with butter and syrup.

Comes out crisp on the outside and soft on the inside! Yum!
These are also a great freezer meal! I put a layer of waffles, a layer of wax paper, etc and freeze. After frozen I put them all into a ziplock bag. Just pull them out and pop them in the toaster when you are ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment