Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

BBQ Pork in the crock pot

My husband HATES condiments! I mean it! He HATES them! I've seen the man make his own sandwich and then check to make sure there is no mayonnaise on it! He loves these sandwiches despite the fact they have ketchup and ground mustard in them. 


I had this for the first time when we lived in Lubbock, Texas at a luncheon at the Deaf Center where I worked. It was delicious and so easy! I've been making it for years now and it never gets old. 


**yeah I forgot to take a single picture. So picture pork ribs slow cooking in the crockpot.**

3/4-1 cup white vinegar (I use 1 cup because I like it tangy!)
1/2 c. ketchup
2 T. sugar
2 T. worchestershire sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp. ground mustard
1 tsp. paprika
1/2-1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 lb. boneless country style ribs
1 T. vegetable oil

Combine first nine ingredients in a slow cooker. Cut ribs into chunks; brown in skillet in oil and then add to crock pot. Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours or until tender. Serve as is or shred and serve on buns (that's our preference).

No comments:

Post a Comment