Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Stromboli and Everything Yeast Dough

We love pizza at my house. Matter of fact I think most of us could eat pizza for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There's just one problem pizza is expensive! Even the cheap pizza gets expensive when you are at the end of your two week pay period (can I get an Amen?!)


I've been playing around with making my own pizza dough for a few months. I've used boxed mixes, the bread machine and more. You name it and I've probably tried it. Finally I have found a fool proof recipe that turns out great every time and is super versatile. 


Next week I'm going to try making cinnamon rolls out of this dough!






Everything Yeast Dough


1 T. fast acting yeast (by my measurements 1 of the little pouches is equal to 1 T.)
2 1/2 c. flour (you could do a mix of whole wheat)
1 tsp. turbinado or regular sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 c. warm water (I just let my tap run for a few minutes to get it nice and warm)


Mix the yeast with the water; mix all dry ingredients together. Stir in water until dough starts to come together. Dump onto floured surface and knead for just a few minutes until dough stays together well. Makes two small pizzas, or wrap small pieces around little smoked sausages or cut hot dogs, or cover with pepperoni and cheese then roll up jelly roll style to make a Stromboli or simply cut into strips for bread sticks.


For the Stromboli and bread sticks I slather the outside with butter when I pull it out of the oven and then sprinkle garlic sea salt and Parmesan cheese on top! YUM! Also, I don't put the pizza sauce on the inside. Instead I put it in a little bowl and serve it as a dipping sauce.



No comments:

Post a Comment