Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake

Fall is my absolute favorite time of year! The weather, the visiting, the weather (wait I said that already) and all the baking that comes with the holidays.  I can't take credit for this recipe (except for passing it on) but I don't know who to give credit to either because I've had it for so long I don't remember where I got it from! I do know it was not Paula Deen because I was making a long time before she made ooey gooey butter cakes famous!

Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake

Crust:

1 Yellow cake mix 
1 egg
1 stick butter or margarine, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix above ingredients with electric mixer. Pat mixture into lightly greased 13 x 9 pan. I usually spray my fingers with some Pam or use butter and pat down and slightly up the sides.

Filling:
1 pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 stick butter or margarine, melted
1 (16 oz.) package powdered sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg

Beat cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla, butter and beat again. Add remaining ingredients; beat again. Spread over crust. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. The crust will be browned but the middle will still look jiggly. Don't worry it sets after cooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment