Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Slow Cooker Beef Stew

I love my slow cooker!!! It's one of my favorite pieces of cooking equipment. Always there and ready, doesn't heat up the whole house and has dinner ready for me at the end of the day with little effort.  So if you don't own one, get one!


I found this original recipe on the Kraft Recipes site, but changed it up a bit to fit my family. My oldest daughter, Molly, is not much of a soup eater but she gobbles up this meal! The pieces of onion and celery are big enough to pick out for picky eaters. The Italian dressing and bbq sauce make for a different flavor combination that no one will guess.


Cost: $6.50 for the whole pot, so about $1.63 per person.
Calorie Count: About 200 calories






Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Makes 4 servings. Prep time 15 min. Cooking time varies depending on settings.


1 lb. stew meat
1 1/2 c. beef broth 0r 1 1/2 c. water with 2 beef bouillon cubes
1 pkg. Italian dressing mix or 2 T. homemade Italian dressing mix See the recipe here
1/4 c. BBQ Sauce, any kind
1 lb. red potatoes, quartered
4 large carrots, chopped
1 lg. onion, quartered
2 celery stalks, chopped


Mix all in slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours or high 4 hours. The meat comes out tender and the vegetables are perfect.





I remembered I was suppose to take a picture, preferably before I finished the whole bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment